September 14, 2008

9/12 Transcript

Credit goes to TV Megasite. Retrieved from Ricky's Official FanSite.

Tad: So how's the baby?

Jake: Thanks. Uh, I left Annie in perfectly good hands. You know, everything is fine.

Tad: Huh. I was surprised you left the hospital.

Jake: The Ob-Gyn showed up. I figured, leave her alone with Ryan, you know? I'm trying to, you know, get out a little more. What is that look? Wait, what is that?

Tad: No, no. It's just I barely recognize you. No, I mean, this is great. Here you are. You're sitting here enjoying a beer, relaxing at the bar. You know, it's unusual. It's nice to have my brother back.

Jake: Not, uh, you know, I'm getting there.

Tad: Dad even says you're thinking about sticking around Pine Valley.

Jake: It's just that I haven't, you know, purchased an airline ticket yet. Yet.

Tad: What's her name?

Jake: Why does everybody always assume that it involves a woman? Why? All right, yes, yes. There's a woman. Yes, all right?



Amanda: All right, tell me what you think.

Taylor: Wow, really nice. You have so many nice clothes.

Amanda: Are you sure you don't mind taking off while Jake and I have dinner here?

Taylor: No, it's no big deal, really. And, actually, I can find another place to sleep tonight, if you need me to.

Amanda: Oh, no, no, no. We just need a couple hours for a romantic meal. Once we retire to the bedroom --

Taylor: Ok. I got it.

[Amanda chuckles]

Amanda: You're not interested in Jake, are you?



Jake: I -- she's good. It's good.

Tad: That's all I get? "It's good, it's good. I'm a mover. I'm a playboy."

Jake: She -- what do you want from me, what?

Tad: Details, come on. Details. I myself have known several great women in my time.

Jake: Oh, jeez.

Tad: I don't want to brag, but the question here is what makes her great in your eyes? You know, is she -- she useful? Can she hotwire a car? Thank you. Nut?

Jake: Yes, you are.

Tad: Is she -- is she up on the latest techniques of foosball? Is she exceptionally bendy?

Jake: I'm not dating "Gumby." I'm just -- we laugh, you know?

Tad: Works for me.

Jake: We just have a good laugh. We laugh.

Tad: Laugh -- there you go. Thank you, that's good. Laughter is good.

Jake: Yes, and she's easy, you know? To talk to. Easy to talk to.

Tad: Another admirable quality in a mate.

Jake: Yeah, she's just -- it's -- she's spontaneous, and she's energetic, positive person, you know? Dad said to get out there and, you know, find some fun, and that's it. I'm just having some fun.

Tad: Wait. You're taking dating advice from Dad? He hasn't been on a date since the Bronze Age.

Jake: Yeah, I know, I know, and when he said, "Sow your oats, son," I thought that was a little gross, but I -- you know, you know, it wasn't bad advice, because I got out there, and we're -- we're having a good time. It's great.

Tad: You are sowing your wild oats. You play hide the bayonet yet?

Jake: Stop that. That is disgusting.

Tad: Yeah, she's into corporal punishment --

Jake: You are being truly disgusting.

Tad: No, I'm not. She's in the military.

Jake: No, it's not the Army girl. How do you know about the Army girl, Taylor? How do you know about her?

Tad: What do you mean, "How do I know about her?" Jesse told me all about her, about you -- you stuck up for her at the police station after she took on the pimp at the -- the Fusion party, right?

Jake: I don't really -- I barely know her, so --

Tad: Well, that's funny, because Jesse made it sound like you were very close to Taylor.



Taylor: I'm getting deployed. I don't have time for romance.

Amanda: Oh, I thought you didn't know when you were leaving.

Taylor: Well, it could be any day now, and when the papers come, I am gone.

Amanda: Ok.

Taylor: I mean, I'm going to war. The last thing I need is a guy distracting me. I don't know how long I'll be gone. What kind of an idiot would I be to get into a relationship right now?

Amanda: I didn't say anything about a relationship. I asked you if you liked Jake, and I still don't know the answer.



Taylor: I think Jake is interesting.

Amanda: So do you like him?

Taylor: I respect him. You know, Doctors Without Borders, that's pretty impressive.

Amanda: He hasn't really told me much about it.

Taylor: Oh, uh, me, either. Really, I -- I just think being over in that part of Africa and seeing what he must have seen --

Amanda: Like what you saw in Iraq?

Taylor: I think we've both had these really tough jobs that took us really far away from home, and I don't know too many civilians like that, so when I met Jake --

Amanda: You thought he was interesting.

Taylor: Yeah, but, really, we have nothing in common.

Amanda: Well, you both like push-ups.

Taylor: Seriously, I -- I don't get how his brain works.

Amanda: Jake is like one of the smartest guys I've ever met.

Taylor: Exactly, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't understand how important -- it doesn't matter. I am -- it's not my place to pick who Jake Martin would be with, but I can tell you this. I don't think it's me.

Amanda: You think it might be me?



Jake: Amanda Dillon. That's who I'm -- who I'm seeing, dating, kind of, Amanda Dillon.

Tad: She a little young for you?

Jake: A little young for you.

Tad: Spell it out.

Jake: She is uncomplicated. It is an uncomplicated situation.

Tad: Uncomplicated, Amanda Dillon? Have you forgotten her mother? Janet from Another Planet? She stuffed a guy in a freezer.

Jake: Why -- why do you have to -- why do you have to bring that up? Let's just -- you know what? Let's just chill.

Tad: Easy, easy, easy.

Jake: You know what, let's just change the subject.

Tad: Easy there, Dale. You know what? Ok, terrific. If you're happy, I'm happy, and I mean it.

Jake: I hate it when people say that, because they're not --

Tad: No, it's true. It's the truth.

Jake: Did I say it's going anywhere? You know, we're having a good time. That's all.

Tad: I'm just glad you're sticking around town, ok? Besides, if this thing works out, you know, we can see each other a little more. We can double. You and I will be at the bar. Amanda and Kathy will be at the children's table. Chief.

Jesse: Thaddeus. Joseph.

Jake: Hey, how are you tonight?

Jesse: You having dinner with your brother?

Jake: Well, no.

Tad: Yes, I'm buying. I'm buying if you stick around.

Jake: No, no, I'm leaving. I've got to pick up Amanda from cheerleading. See you later.

Tad: Go get 'em, tiger. Where's your date?

Jesse: She's not here yet? Well, I guess she's stuck at the hospital.



Taylor: Ok, so when it's just you and Jake --

Amanda: Yeah.

Taylor: All alone.

Amanda: Mm-hmm.

Taylor: And he pulls you close to him, what do you feel?

Amanda: Hmm, heaven.

Taylor: Well, good. Good, then I -- I'm guessing you're probably a pretty good match.

Amanda: All right. Ok. Oh, no, oh, no.

Taylor: What, what?

Amanda: Ugh, I forgot the crab dip for the appetizers. Do you mind finishing up setting the table? It's not funny. If I -- if I run really fast to the store --

Taylor: No, go, go, go, go.

Amanda: Thank you, thank you. Ok, if Jake shows, just pour him a glass of wine. Tell him I will be right back to join him.

Taylor: Ok, but hurry.

Amanda: Ok, thank you.



[Song playing: Can I hold on tight to the memory of you and I? Can I hold on to you tonight and say good-bye?]

[Jake walks in, and his eyes meets with Taylor's]

No comments: