September 17, 2008

9/15 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite for creating it and to Ricky's Official FanSite for posting just the Jake/Taylor parts.

Taylor: I was just. Uh -- Amanda -- uh -- Amanda went to get crab dip. She'll be right back.

Jake: Are you all right?

Taylor: Yeah, yeah. Let me just turn off this music.

Taylor: What?



Jake: That's a great song.

Taylor: Is it? Oh, I -- I wasn't listening.

Jake: How's the foot?

Taylor: Perfect. Amanda went to get crab dip. I said that already.

Jake: Yeah.

Taylor: I think she went to set traps for those crabs.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: The table's beautiful.

Taylor: Oh, that's -- that's Amanda. She's great at that kind of stuff. You know, picking out the flowers and the napkin rings and putting everything where it needs to be. All the stuff I don't give a crap about.

[Jake chuckles]

Taylor: She picked out all your favorite foods, though.

Jake: Really? Crab dip?

Taylor: Oysters, Beef Wellington. I don't even know what that is.

Jake: Well, don't tell her, but I -- I'd be happy with a couple of chili cheese dogs, jalapenos and some onions, raw onions, extra onions.

Taylor: Raw onions? Well, that's a mood killer.

Jake: Yeah? Should I just stick with the crab dip, then?

Taylor: I think so. I mean, she went to pick it up, you know.

Jake: You wish it was you?

Taylor: What?

Jake: I -- I know Frankie got his orders. I was just wondering if you wished it was you.

Taylor: You know I do. In half a heartbeat I'd be back there. And all he's doing is walking around making noises like he doesn't want to go.

Jake: You have a problem with that?



Taylor: Frankie volunteered. He made a promise to serve his country.

Jake: Yeah, and he did his time.

Taylor: I wish people wouldn't make it sound like a prison sentence.

Jake: Well, for a lot of people, too many people, it was more like a death sentence.

Taylor: Which is exactly why we need men like Frankie, because he is the kind of person who saves lives. I've seen that man in action and let me tell you, if I had to pick who was standing next to me on the line, it would be him. He has brains and power, so I don't understand how he could contemplate not going back.

Jake: You guys are probably just very different people. You're what is called a lifer.

Taylor: I think it comes down to a matter of duty.

Jake: It's a different code for people.

Taylor: He made a commitment.

Jake: Yeah? So, he lived up to his commitment. He honored it, right?

Taylor: Red or white?

Jake: What?

Taylor: Amanda said that if you came back before she did, that I should offer you some wine. Would you like red or --

Jake: Oh, red is fine, thanks. But only if you have a glass with me.

Taylor: Ok.

Taylor: But you're right, I would give anything to be back there.

Jake: Hmm. And you're right, this sucks. Living in a yacht? It sucks.

Taylor: It's useless. I'm useless. What am I doing? Nothing. I'm -- I'm -- I'm setting tables. I'm arranging flowers. Kill me.

Jake: All right. So, what did the -- the Army doctor say? Did he give you a pass --

Taylor: He said I'm perfect. I'm almost perfect.

Jake: So? That's a yes, then?

Taylor: Yes, in triplicate.

Jake: Well, good for you. Then, where's your paperwork? Why aren't you on your way back to Iraq?



Jake: If we're as desperate for good soldiers as you are, you know, wanting to go back, I don't even know what you're doing here right now.

Taylor: Because they want me rested. They want me strong.

Jake: Because of Brot? Because of your loss?

Taylor: That's part of life.

Jake: So what are they saying? Calling it post traumatic stress?

Taylor: They threw P.T.S. at me, yeah.

Jake: Yeah, and?

Taylor: And it's bogus. And it's sexist. Just because I'm a woman who saw action?

Jake: Well, you saw a little more than action. You lost your fiancé.

Taylor: No, no, no, no, no. This is me because I'm a woman, because they see me as some delicate flower who can't handle what she saw over there.

Jake: Taylor, everybody needs a little time to heal, you know?

Taylor: Well, I don't. I'm fine. Actually, I'm more than fine. I am an experienced soldier, which is exactly what they need. You know, I can go over there now. I won't make the same mistakes. I'll know what to expect.

Jake: So, you're not having nightmares?

Taylor: You have nightmares.

Jake: You're having really bad nightmares, you know?

Taylor: What you saw over in Africa, that wasn't bad? What you saw, the poverty and the suffering and -- and the brutality that you saw? That wasn't bad?

Jake: I talk to people and that seems to help, you know?

Taylor: Well, I don't need to talk to people, because I don't need help.

Jake: It certainly wouldn't hurt you to talk to somebody.

Taylor: I should never have told you about Brot. I should have kept that to myself, because look at the way you look at me now.

Jake: How am I looking at you?

Taylor: You look at me like I'm weak, you look at me like I'm a head case.

Jake: Did I say that?

Taylor: You didn't have to.



Amanda: Wow. My party started without me.

Jake: Hi.

Amanda: Hey. Did you miss me?

Jake: Yes, absolutely.

Amanda: Thank you for your help. The table looks great.

Jake: That's what I was saying. I just thought it was beautiful.

Taylor: Yeah. Well, now that you're back, I should go.

Amanda: Oh, no, no, no. Here, finish your wine. You want to try the crab dip?

Taylor: No, thank you. I'll -- I'll pass.

Amanda: All right. Oh, look -- what party is complete without some pirate punch?

[Jake chuckles]

Amanda: Even better, I still have my parrot, and my eye patch if you're good.

Taylor: I'm going to be late for my movie. So, try not to go overboard, mateys.

Jake: Was that a joke? Did you actually just -- actually just make a joke? Was --

[Amanda chuckles]

Amanda: She's kind of weird. Nice, but weird.

No comments: