August 18, 2008

8/14 Transcript

Credit goes to The Beth Ehlers Board. NOT ME!

Jake: Hey, you found my favorite beach. Thank you for stopping.

Taylor: It's Jake, right?

Jake: Yes, thank you for remembering.

Taylor: Can I help you with something?

Jake: Well, it's actually me, I think that I can help you.

Taylor: I didn't realize I had a problem.

Jake: Oh, yeah, you do, you have a -- you have a problem. You're over-striding.

Taylor: I'm over-striding?

Jake: Yeah, I know this might sound a little cheesy, but I'm a doctor. No, I am and what you have is a classic case of over-striding. Oh, it can lead to terribly, you know, painful things. You know, issues like Achilles tendonitis, ITB pain, knees, back, hips, well, everything ends up in the hips. Not your hips.

Taylor: Wow.

Jake: Yes, wow.

Taylor: So, this is your thing?

Jake: What's my thing?

Taylor: You're the uh, "I'm a doctor." I mean, what are you going to do, whip out your stethoscope now? Should I be impressed?

Jake: Oh, no, no, no, no, I wasn't trying to --

Taylor: Ok, that's good.

Jake: But I am a doctor.

Taylor: Well, then you might want to tuck your stethoscope back in.

Jake: Really?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Hey.

Taylor: Here he comes again.

Jake: You know what? It's not your stride. It's the fact that you are favoring your right foot. I bet you anything that you once had some sort of injury or something to your left foot.

Taylor: Would you do me a favor and just try to keep your eyes right here, ok? Instead of checking out the rest.

Jake: No, no, no, no, no, no. I promise you, I was only focused on your feet, that's how I --

Taylor: Right, and my hips and my ITB and everything else --

Jake: No, I was just saying the thing about your feet --

Taylor: Well, I'm just leaving.

Jake: Wait a second, wait, wait. I'm not trying to hit on you, or any --

Taylor: Really?

Jake: No, I'm not.

Taylor: Just casually observing?

Jake: I promise. What's your name? You got a name?

Taylor: I do have a name.

Jake: Wow, ok. How about I race you for it?

Taylor: You want to race?

Jake: Yeah.

Taylor: To hear my name?

Jake: Uh-huh.

Taylor: Where to?

Jake: That tree.

Taylor: You'll lose.

Jake: Really, ok, well, we'll see about that. On three, ok?

Taylor: Yep, on three.

Jake: One, two, three.

Taylor: Whoo! Even with the gimpy left foot and the bad hips.

Jake: You're training for something, aren't you? Iron man --

Taylor: No.

Jake: Something?

Taylor: No, I told you. I just like to run.

Jake: Well, I can tell.

Taylor: Well, thanks for the race, dr. Jake.

Jake: Yeah, anytime.

Taylor: Taylor.

Jake: Anytime, Taylor.

Taylor: Just Taylor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Knock at door]

Angie: Oh. So you decided to come back, did -- oh, I'm sorry. Can I help you?

Taylor: Yes, ma'am, I'm looking for Franklin Hubbard.

Angie: Of course. Uh, Franklin? There's someone here to see you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Hi, Hubb.

Frankie: L.T.

Taylor: How are you?

Frankie: Oh.

Taylor: Did you miss me?

Frankie: Like shrapnel to the head. Look at you.

No comments: