August 27, 2008

8/27 Transcript

Credit goes to TV Megasite again. Retrieved from Ricky's Official FanSite: http://rickypaullgoldinfans.yuku.com/topic/792

[Taylor grunting]

Jake: You do those every morning?

Taylor: Yep.

Jake: How many can you do?

Taylor: Does it matter? It's not like you could keep up anyway.

Jake: Really? Try me.

Taylor: You're on. Real push-ups. And I won't count the 25 I just did.

Jake: Oh, real push-ups. Ok, first one to drop.

[Grunting]

Amanda: Hey, I thought you'd want to start the day off with something sweet. Or you could just start it off with sweat.



Amanda: Ok, I'll just be over here watching.

[Grunting]

Jake: Ok, you win. No, no, no, no.

Taylor: It's victory. That's victory twice, Martin, twice.

Amanda: Ooh, smoked by a girl. Ouch.

Jake: That's not a girl. She's not a girl. Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Taylor: I told you I stay in shape.

Jake: Yeah.

Amanda: Damn, you should have your own workout video. You know, with the cool music, cute little outfits.

Jake: I've got a feeling Taylor doesn't do cute little outfits.

Taylor: Oh, please. I'm taking a shower.

Amanda: Come here. It was nice to see you.

[Door slams] Ok, then. Here you go.

Jake: Don't worry about it. She's a door-slammer. She likes to slam doors. Oh, and you're a lifesaver. This is great. This is great, because all Taylor's got is, like, wheat germ and wheat grass, psyllium husk. Do you know where the plates are?

Amanda: Gross. Yeah, I, uh, spent some time here before, so, uh -- so, did you guys figure out who's going to take the place?

Jake: Well, I'm going to let her have it. It turns out she is a girl after all. And, uh, I don't know. We'll find something. If you hear of anything, just -- you know, if you hear of an apartment or something.

Amanda: Oh, well, actually, I do know of a place. There's this cabin out in the woods.

Jake: Yeah, because that doesn't sound creepy.

Amanda: No, shut up. It's cool. You know Babe Carey? Her dad used to own it.

Jake: Hayward? David Hayward? David Hayward's cabin? No, no, no, no. I have no interest in that, thank you.

Amanda: Oh, don't tell me he drugged you, too.

Jake: No, I'm just -- I'm not interested.

Amanda: Well, it's not like you have to share a medicine cabinet with the guy. The place has been vacant for years. It's totally available and totally perfect -- just like somebody else I know.

Jake: I'll think about it.

Amanda: All right, well, I will get a hold of the realtor just in case.

Jake: Ok, you don't like to take no for an answer.

Amanda: When it comes to something I want, no way.



Taylor: Hey.

Jake: Hey.

Taylor: I thought you took off with your girlfriend.

Jake: She's not my girlfriend. I told you that. I just went to go get a little -- you know what? And if she was my girlfriend, I'd be pissed. I'd be really pissed with you.

Taylor: What did I do?

Jake: What did you do? You didn't say hello. You didn't say how are you. You could be nice -- a nicer person. You could have said thank you for stopping by.

Taylor: She didn't come here to see me.

Jake: No, all right. Well, here you go. This is to you. Cheers. You can keep the apartment.

Taylor: Oh, I can keep it? You're letting me keep the apartment that I have a lease on?

Jake: Yeah, that's right, because that's what nice people do, ok? Look into that. Write that down. That's a good one.

Taylor: Well, where are you going?

Jake: I don't know. Amanda found a --

Taylor: Amanda, you're not-girlfriend. I'm sorry. Go -- continue.

Jake: Amanda found a cabin or a little place in the woods, so --

Taylor: Well, that's nice. It's rustic. It's nice.

Jake: Yeah. And you? How long do you think you're going to stay in pine valley?

Taylor: I don't know. It depends on my foot. Hopefully, not too long.

Jake: Yeah, you're in a big rush to get back to beautiful downtown baghdad, are you?

Taylor: I'm not there for spring break.

Jake: I'm sorry. Uh, I just -- you know, I don't understand why anybody would want to go to war.

Taylor: No, somebody like you wouldn't.

Jake: Maybe you can explain it. Explain it to someone like me.

Taylor: Being a soldier? I don't know how to explain that. It's in your blood. It's in mine, literally.

Jake: You're an army brat?

Taylor: Army brat, third generation, two brothers in the service.

Jake: You got any sisters?

Taylor: Nope.

Jake: No sisters. So you're just surrounded by men your whole life. That can't be easy for you.

Taylor: Just had to work that much harder to be heard, is all. But I guess that's no different from anywhere else for a woman, right?

Jake: Don't take this the wrong way, but, uh, I don't get it. I don't get what we're doing in iraq. Do you?

Taylor: I'm not there to get it. I'm there to do a job. Honor, protect, serve.

Jake: So you'd just risk your life for something you don't believe in?

Taylor: I didn't say I didn't believe in it. Listen to me. When you are out there with the sand in your mouth and the sun beating down on you, it's not about politics. It's about the guy to your left who has got three kids and the guy over here who is an only son. And at the end of the day, it's about making sure that there's more of us left standing than are them.

Jake: Yeah, but that's the thing. Who is them? Do we even have the right guys? Who -- in this situation, who is them?

Taylor: They are the ones launching the grenades.

Jake: But why? For what? I just -- to me, there's no just cause. To me, the whole thing is a mistake.

Taylor: Good people died over there, do you get that? Amazing, loved, needed people died. Don't you ever tell me it was for nothing.



Taylor: Leaving so soon?

Jake: Yeah.

Taylor: Well, see you around then.

Jake: Listen, if I offended you before, I'm -- I'm sorry.

Taylor: You know what, don't worry about it.

Jake: It's just that war is a tough, touchy subject.

Taylor: Jake, seriously, it's fine. And I'm sorry if I wasn't nice to your friend.

Jake: Well, you know, if you ever need me to look at your heel, I'd be --

Taylor: Thank you.

Jake: Want me to help you?

Taylor: I got it.

Jake: Trying to move the couch? I don't mind.

Taylor: I'm good, I got it. I don't need your help.

Jake: I'm sorry, my mistake. Why accept help from a guy who has never worn a uniform, right? Anyway, it was nice to re-meet you.

Taylor: You, too.

Jake: And good luck to you if you do go back to Iraq.

Taylor: Thank you.

Jake: Good luck to you. Thanks.

No comments: