August 22, 2008

8/21 Transcript (Take 2 Only)

Credit goes to Ricky's Official FanSite. NOT ME!

Taylor: Hi, I'm looking for Dr. Franklin Hubbard.

Nurse: Are you a patient of his?

Taylor: No, just a friend, but he's been after me to have my foot checked out, so...

Nurse: His shift hasn't started yet. I can get another doctor.

Taylor: No, no, thanks. I'll just wait.

[She sits down out of Jake's sight & listens to him as he talks to the nurse and on the phone to Aiden.]

Jake: Hey.

Nurse: Hey, Dr. Martin.

Jake: Who's next?

Nurse: Dr. Martin, your shift ended an hour ago. Go home.

Jake: I can't. My roommate kicked me out. I'm homeless, I'm homeless.

[Phone rings]

Jake: I'm a homeless doctor.

Nurse (answering the phone): E.R. He's right here.

Nurse: Aidan Devane, sexy accent.

Jake: You should see the rest of him. He's shredded. Hello, sweetheart. Mm-hmm, well, of course I'm still going to call you sweetheart just because I'm living alone and I got no place to go. Yeah. No, I'm not angry. People fall in love. They fall in love. I mean, listen, can you do me a favor? I left a box of my stuff in your bedroom. Maybe you could drop it off at the hospital. Is that asking too much? Right at the front desk. Yeah. Well, there won't be any awkward moments. Do we still get to work out together? Uh-huh. I can call you if I'm lonely? Good. All right. I miss you, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nurse: Foot exam, right?

Taylor: That's me.

Nurse: The doctor can see you now. Cubicle one.

Taylor: Thank you.

Nurse: You can wait right here.

Jake: Taylor?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Oh, I didn't recognize you because you weren't running off someplace and you're sitting still, so --

Taylor: You didn't recognize me because your usually behind me trying to catch up.

Jake: Yes, that was a great race, but I was going easy on you and, uh, let's put it this way. If it ever happened again, i would annihilate you.

Taylor: Only because I gave you a head start.

Jake: Well, you're the one who's going to get a head start next time because your foot hurts.

Taylor: My foot is fine. I'm just trying to get this friend of mine off my back.

Jake: Okay, so, let's, if you don't mind, so, you've been putting in how many miles a week would you say?

Taylor: I don't know. A lot, I guess.

Jake: Mm-hmm, and is it mostly outdoors?

Taylor: Treadmills are for babies.

Jake: I only use a treadmill.

Taylor: Well, that explains a lot. Give me a dirt road anytime. Give me a dirt road with a muddy, rocky -- give me a muddy, rocky dirt road out in the pouring rain --

Jake: Yeah, we get that you like dirt roads and they're muddy and they're horrible, the roads. I'm saying what if, what if you were to take your workout inside? A little less impact, cuter guys.

Taylor: I'm sure there are, but I like to workout alone, thank you.

Jake: I can tell, because every time I see you working out you're alone. And by the way, when I ran into you that time I was not trying to hit on you or anything like --

Taylor: Oh, yeah, about that.

Jake: I'm just not that type, I--

Taylor: I am so sorry about that. I mean, I didn't understand then, but I understand now.

Jake: Oh, you understand, okay? Okay, um, well, shall we get going with the exam-patient -- are you comfortable with -- I mean, because some women like a female doctor to examine them.

Taylor: It's cool. You want me to take all my clothes off?

Jake: No, no, no. No, just roll up the -- roll up your pants -- would be just fine. Okay, are you comfortable?

Taylor: Mm-hmm.

Jake: Okay, I'm going to press on just little different parts of your foot to see if there's any pain, okay? We're going to start at the top.

Taylor: No.

Jake: No, nothing? Anything now?

Taylor: Nope.

Jake: So, dirt roads, huh? Rocky, dirty, smelly, rainy, wet roads.

Taylor: Yes.

Jake: Where you're drenched. That sounds nice. It sounds hard, sounds tough.

Taylor: Yes, sir, it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Taylor cries out in pain.]

Jake: Okay, plantar fasciitis, or plantar fasciitis. Some doctors say -- either way, it's got two I's, it's difficult for us because -- but this is where the fascia is attached to the calcaneous.

Taylor: The what, what, what, what is that?

Jake: The calcaneous, the calcaneous, that's the heel bone.

Taylor: Just, just, just show me.

Jake: No problem, I'm showing you. Right at the top of this right here, the heel pad, right there at the calcaneous. If I were to touch this right here, if I were to touch this, it would feel like a nail going right through --

Taylor: Well, it wasn't quite that bad.

Jake: Well, I know exactly what it is because I've had the same thing, okay? I've experienced the same exact -- it's right here.

Taylor: Okay, so what, what you're saying is I will feel bad if anyone should touch me on the -- what's that called?

Jake: The calcaneous.

Taylor: The calcaneous.

Jake: I'm also afraid that your ligament is all, you know, swollen.

Taylor: But that's the spot. That's the one spot that I have to worry about, right there?

Jake: Yes, all you have to worry about, yes, and if you don't worry about it it could become chronic. If it becomes chronic, you could need surgery. And if you need surgery, well nobody wants surgery, so --

Taylor: I get, I get it.

Jake: So, all I want to do is put you on some anti-inflammatories for about a week or two, okay?

Taylor: Okay.

Jake: All right. So, if you want to put your shoes on, we can walk right out of here.

Jake: Mandatory two weeks and that's perfect. Cici, did a guy drop off a box for me?

Cici: A hottie.

Jake: Oh, yeah, well, he's spoken for. Here you go. No generics. You got it? Well, you could use a generic if you wanted to, but well, it doesn't really matter, it's all just --

Taylor: Thanks.

Jake: Okay, and I just want you to watch out for it because I -- I'd like a rematch someday, if that's all right.

Taylor: Thanks, Dr. Jake. It'll get better.

Jake: Awkward.

No comments: