December 22, 2008

12/18 Transcript (JT Only)

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again. Read the full transcript here: http://tvmegasite.net/day/amc/transcripts/older/2008/amc-trans-12-18-08.shtml

Officer: How did you first learn that Sergeant Monroe was still alive?

Taylor: It was Captain Frank Hubbard, sir. He told me.

Officer: Did Sergeant Monroe ever explain to you how and why he did what he did?

Taylor: No, sir. Sergeant Monroe, he was not very open with me about very much.

Officer: And the last time you saw him?

Taylor: What's going on?

Jake: The military knows that he's alive. They know that you took Mike Sweeney's identity. There's an officer down at the hospital asking all kinds of questions.

Taylor: In the hospital the last day he was released.

Officer: Thank you, Lieutenant. Contact your C.O. if you ever see Sergeant Monroe again. Understood?

Taylor: Yes, sir. Sir? What'll happen to him now -- Brot Monroe?

Officer: Well, that's for C.I.D. to decide. We're just doing preliminaries. Lieutenant.

Jake: Wow, with everything he's been through, now he's a wanted man, too.

Taylor: How much more is he supposed to take?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: So what do you think Brot's going to do now?

Taylor: What he's been doing. He'll run, only he's not just running from me now. He's running from the U.S. Army.

Jake: Where would -- where would a person go?

Taylor: I don't know, but it can't be easy for him. It's not like he can blend in with the masses anymore. He's got to be scared to death.

Jake: Well, of course, he's scared with everything he's been through. It's been a real tough road he's been running.

Taylor: Tough for a lot of us, you know? Going back to the civilian world, even if you haven't been through the hell he's been through. I don't have to tell you. You know what war is like.

Jake: Yes, I do.

Taylor: The military is so black and white. Unfortunately, the real world's not quite that cut and dried.

Jake: Well, you did it. You fought your way back. He can do it. Given time, you know? Deal with the charges, maybe get off without doing jail time, and then you can help him if that's what you want to do.

Taylor: Thank you, Jake. I don't know why you do it, but you are such a good --

Jake: I do it because you're worth it. I should get back to work.

Taylor: Hey, Jake? I think he might be gone for good this time. He's running as far away as he can.

Jake: Well, it's a big, scary world out there.

Taylor: Oh, he's scared all right, but I think he's relieved, too. You know, the Army, he can deal with that. He's used to that. Either the MPs catch up with him or they don't, but his feelings for me, my feelings for him, my feelings -- that whole thing is just way more complicated.

No comments: