December 5, 2008

12/4 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again. Again, included is all of Jake's and Taylor's scenes.

Frankie: Brot left.

Jake: Yeah, well, he's back.

Frankie: It could be to say good-bye and good luck.

Jake: We both know better than that. They need to hash their stuff out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: You're still you.

Brot: I'm not.

Taylor: Don't turn away from me. I see you. I see the man I knew in Iraq, the most amazing man I've ever known.

Brot: I'm not that man anymore.

Taylor: You're the man I couldn't wait to marry.

Brot: It was a lie.

Taylor: We were engaged.

Brot: It was a fling.

Taylor: We were getting ready to spend our lives together.

Brot: It was a lie, Taylor. It was all a lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: In Iraq, you said you loved me. Was that a lie? You said we would spend forever together. Was that a lie?

Brot: People say things.

Taylor: So you were sweet-talking me through a fling? I was there. I was there. I felt what we had. That can't be faked.

Brot: It made the both of us feel good for a while.

Taylor: No, no, remember, we danced under the stars, and you held me in your arms, and you whispered in my ear? It was just you and me. Nothing else existed. Have you forgotten?

Brot: I got caught up.

Taylor: You wanted to marry me. You gave me a ring.

Brot: And you lost it.

Taylor: Yes, I lost it in the desert, and then you ordered a new one. Why would you do that if you weren't serious?

Brot: Did you ever get the ring?

Taylor: No, it didn't come because --

Brot: Because I never ordered it.

Taylor: You described it to me. It was round-cut yellow gold. You wouldn't make that up. You couldn't.

Brot: I never ordered it, Taylor.

Taylor: That's not true.

Brot: I wanted to tell you the day we were ambushed, but this happened, and I never got a chance to.

Taylor: So tell me now.

Brot: As great as you were, what we had in Iraq was going to end on our tour.

Taylor: As great as I was? As great as I was? We were in love. We were making plans, not just stuff for one day or one tour. We were talking about the future. We were talking about houses and getting a dog.

Brot: Like I said, I got caught up.

Taylor: You are such a bad liar.

Brot: You say you see so much when you look into my eyes. Look again, Taylor. Tell me what you see. Does it look like I'm lying?

Taylor: I'm not going to do this. I'm not going to do this.

Brot: Now you turn away. L.T., we're already living separate lives. The both of us have moved on.

Taylor: I thought you were dead.

Brot: And now you're in love with another man. Don't deny it because you know it's true. And I'm happy for you.

Taylor: You came back. Why would you come back?

Brot: It's over, and you know it. There's nothing left between us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankie: What are you saying to me, Jake? You and Taylor -- y'all got a good thing going.

Jake: I'm saying she needs to deal with Brot. He's alive. He's back in her life. She needs to deal with that.

Frankie: Well, Brot's been insisting since I found him that he doesn't want to be a part of her life. He's made that very clear. He even thinks that Taylor's better off with you. That's why he's leaving.

Jake: Don't B.S. me, please. If he leaves, then let him leave, but he'd be leaving for the wrong reasons. The guy is lost. He's living in denial. He's living in the shadows. He's refusing to deal with his feelings. He's probably punishing himself terribly for something that's definitely not his fault. Taylor is the person that can help him find his way back.

Frankie: Hmm, nice fix, Doctor. Does Brot have any say in this? And what about Taylor -- you just going to hand her off?

Jake: This war blew their life apart. They've got to flush things out, you know?

Frankie: Taylor's already flushed a lot out already with you.

Jake: You've seen the guy. Right, he's walking and talking and breathing, but he's not living. Taylor's the person that can bring him back, give him his life back.

Frankie: And you can live with that?

Jake: I don't have time for this. I've got patients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brot: I've got to go.

Taylor: No.

Brot: Live your life, Taylor. Be happy, and I'll live mine. I don't need pity. I don't need help. I just need to be alone.

Taylor: Brot, please, you can't just come back into my life and then just take off like this again.

Brot: It wasn't supposed to happen like this. It wasn't supposed to happen at all. Good-bye, Taylor.

[Brot walks out]

Brot: I took care of it.

Jake: What happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Brot said it was a fling. He said he never really loved me.

Jake: Well, that can't be true, right? I mean why would he show up and dredge up an entire past if it never existed?

Taylor: Maybe it didn't. Maybe I made it all up in my head. Maybe I created this whole fantastic fantasy love affair when for him it was just -- sex.

Jake: Well, I don't buy that. You're not really the type to just dream up something like this.

Taylor: We were so in synch. Everybody could see that. One night Frankie got a bunch of the guys to decorate the tent so it would be romantic for us. And they used sterno instead of candles and -- not that we needed candles, because I'm telling you, it was always so --

Jake: What?

Taylor: What am I doing? I should not be talking to you about Brot. I shouldn't. I'm sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Don't worry about me.

Taylor: Don't worry about you? How do I not worry about you?

Jake: You should think about, you know, whatever your feelings are for this guy.

Taylor: This is all really confusing. I don't know how I feel.

Jake: Well, he was a very big part of your life, you know. A love like that doesn't just go away.

Taylor: So you're pushing me to him, and he's pushing me to you.

Jake: No, I'm just saying you need to figure out what you want.

Taylor: I don't know.

Jake: You're a soldier, right? No man left behind. So if Brot needs you, you don't just walk away. That's not who you are.

Taylor: He told me he didn't want my help.

Jake: Right, but you're the only one that can save him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Brot sits alone staring at Taylor's engagement ring and wiping away tears.]

No comments: