December 1, 2008

Michael Fairman Interviews SSW Attendees

Ricky was interviewed by Michael Fairman while at Super Soap Weekend. Various other actors were interviewed too.

Go here to read the full article: http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/articleItem.cfm?cms_article_id=46

Here's Ricky's portion:


RICKY PAULL GOLDIN
ALL MY CHILDREN

As Jake Martin, Ricky Paull and the "AMC" audience have kept a close eye on one of "GL's" all-time favorite leading men. Ricky Paull explains how things are going with the adjustment to his new role and fan expectations.

MICHAEL:

You performed in the "Street Jam", and the crowd seemed to eat it up!

RICKY PAULL:

I sang Steppenwolf's 'Magic Carpet Ride", and played harmonica. It was fun and a blast! We had a built in audience and I probably sucked, and they are still nice to you! You've got to love that.

MICHAEL:

How is the story coming along with you and Beth Ehlers (Taylor) now that you have been on-air on "AMC" for a short while? How do you feel its going?

RICKY PAULL:

It takes a while to get these things going. I don't think the idea is to just grab two people from one show and put them on another, and make them do the same thing now. Beth Ehlers is a great actress, and we love what we do. If I fall in love with her character, and if the fans fall in love, that's great. It's like going to your parents and asking their blessing to move forward with the relationship. In this instance, the fans would be our parents, and we would ask them, "Do you approve?" If they did, we would move forward.

MICHAEL:

Ok, then do you ever say to yourself, "What if it did not work this time? What will the show do with us?"

RICKY PAULL:

We are not joined at the hip. I would say Beth would say the same thing, even if she was standing right next to me. We are not the same person. We had a great run on "GL" and a show we dearly love. There are a lot of great guys on "AMC". She could fall in love with Thorsten's character (Zach).

MICHAEL:

Everyone falls in love with Thorsten's character!

RICKY PAULL:

I am in love with Thorsten's character! (He laughs) There are a lot of great women on the show for me to play with, too. If I have to steal Taylor away from one of those guys, let me do that. That would be fun to watch. If she wants to get my heart, and I am in love with another woman, that would be great to watch.

MICHAEL:

Every time you and Beth appear on the screen, it takes the scenes to another level.

RICKY PAULL:

It takes a while. You have to chisel away, and as soon as we came on the show they brought in a new head writer. I am more interested right now in the storyline with the Iraqi vet. The fact that we are working with real vets, that are acting, is so interesting.

MICHAEL:

How is working with JR Martinez (Brot)?

RICKY PAULL:

JR Martinez is great. He is 25 years old. I am a lot older them him, and I am learning from him every day on the set.

MICHAEL:

Do you think that story is inspiring?


RICKY PAULL:

Absolutely. The stories are real. We had whole scenes on the show the other day with a circle of real vets and those were not scripted. It's what they experienced. They just let the cameras roll and roll.

MICHAEL:

Let's discuss Dr. Jake Martin's botch job of Kendall's brain surgery during the tornado. He is in trouble!

RICKY PAULL:

That's where the drama is. If you mess with anything to do with Zack Slater, well, he is going to crack my skull open… if I don't fix his wife's head. Hopefully what will happen is that they will take away my medical license and I will become some bum on skid row. I will do something to lose my license, mostly because I don't like saying medical terms on the air. I rack my brain in the dressing room trying to make it perfect, like a mini little house doctor.

No comments: