December 31, 2008

12/30 Transcript

Their one scene. Credit goes to TV MegaSite again: 12/30 Full Transcript

Jake: Oh, no. Hold it. Hold on a second. I ordered a full workup over an hour ago.

Sheila: We're short-staffed tonight. I'll get to it as soon I can.

Jake: That's fine, but it only takes a minute to draw blood, right? Now, while we're having this exchange, I could've filled, what, three vials, so I just need one. Is that a problem, Sheila? Is that a problem?

Sheila: No, no.

Jake: Thank you.

Taylor: Wow. Happy New Year's Eve to you, too. What's going on?

Jake: I have two brothers and a nephew that have gone missing in the Congo, and I haven't heard anything from anybody about anything at all.

Taylor: How long have they been missing?

Jake: It's -- it's been a couple of weeks, and I'm just -- I'm kind of in some sort of a holding pattern, and I'm -- I'm pulling the hair out of -- out of my head. I'm going crazy.

Taylor: Jake, I'm so sorry.

Jake: Yeah, I'm -- here. Have a seat. And so, um, how are you?

Taylor: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. You've got enough going on. You don't need to hear my problems.

Jake: No, see, this is exactly my problem. I talk to people. They don't tell me anything, and maybe if you said something, it would just help me. It would help me with this deafening silence that I get. Well, for example, I called the relief agent, and I get no relief when I call the relief agent.

Taylor: Well, how about I asked Brot if he was leaving town.

Jake: Yeah, so what did he say?

Taylor: He said we'd talk about it later.

Jake: Hmm.

Taylor: But that's what he does. I get close, so then he pulls back, and he disappears.

Jake: You know, you know what I say. I'd say to you that if he was really leaving, really leaving, he would've left by now, no?

Taylor: See, I think this is all coming from some warped sense of responsibility. He looks at me, and he just sees a big, fat IOU.

Jake: Hmm. Well, at the very least, he owes you some sort of an explanation.

Taylor: He feels obligated to help, and I'll tell you, as soon as he senses I can really walk, he is going to skip town, and he is never looking back, and I'm going to be left wondering, "Where is he? How is he?" And -- and that could be worse than when I thought he was dead, because at least then --

Jake: Then what? He had closure?

No comments: