December 3, 2008

12/2 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again. All Jake and Taylor scenes are included because it's such an important episode.

Frankie: Hey, we need to talk.

Jake: What's up?

Frankie: Taylor's fiancé.

Jake: Yeah.

Frankie: Brot. He's alive, and he's here in Pine Valley.

Jake: You're kidding me? Does she know?

Frankie: No, not yet. I gave Brot a deadline. He's got 20 minutes.

Jake: A deadline for what?

Frankie: To come clean. Either he tells Taylor, or I do.

Taylor: Hey. Are you guys talking about me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: All right, boys. What are you huddling about? Cough it up.

Jake: I have to go to the E.R, and I was asking Frankie if he would cover for me. Physical therapy. For you.

Taylor: Oh, please. Why are you so hush hush?

Jake: Um, we're not, we're not at all. Um, I -- I just wanted to work out a, you know, something with him that would maybe kick your butt, and I actually have that M.R.I. If you want to see it.

Frankie: Yeah, yeah, great. Let's take a look. Be right back.

Jake: It's as simple as that.

Jake: This is not happening.

Frankie: Yes, it is.

Jake: But you were in Iraq when the explosion --

Frankie: He survived. I don't know how, but he did. Bottom line, Brot heard about Taylor's accident, so he came to see her to make sure she's all right, but only from a distance. At least that's the story he gave me after he saw you two together.

Jake: So wait a second. So he's been around here? He's been seeing her? He's be -- he saw us together?

Frankie: Well, he said he just wanted one last look. He got it. Now, he's supposedly taking off.

Jake: So he doesn't want to talk to her? He doesn't want to say something and --

Frankie: Brot has been burned over most of his body. He says he's a different man than Taylor knows. If he's like that, then Taylor's better off thinking he's dead. Now that's what came out of his mouth. His eyes tell me a different story.

Jake: Tell her.

Frankie: You could lose her.

Jake: It makes me want to throw you up against a wall and make sure that you don't open your mouth. Tell her. Not an option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Oh, my gosh. That is hard.

[Taylor chuckles]

Taylor: What are you doing? Are you expecting somebody?

Frankie: Yeah, an old friend of ours is in town.

Taylor: An old friend? Is that who Colby and Amanda were talking about last night?

Frankie: Yeah, yeah. Someone in our unit.

Taylor: Wow. All right, spit it out.

Frankie: When you found out that you would get your legs back, you started feeling hopeful again about your life, your future. You told me that when you feel that hope, you feel Brot and that you feel Brot's with you all the time. There's a reason for that.

Taylor: Are you going to tell me who's in town, or what?

Frankie: I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but he didn't want you to know.

Taylor: Who? Who are we talking about?

Frankie: Brot. Brot's here.

Taylor: I don't -- I don't get it. This is supposed to be funny? Is this the plan that Jake was talking about? The twisted little plan to -- to motivate me?

Frankie: Taylor, I'm telling you the truth.

Taylor: Stop. I swear to God.

Frankie: Hey, I do, too. I do, too, but Brot is alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Brot's dead.

Frankie: I thought so, too. Until I saw him.

Taylor: He died in Iraq.

Frankie: No, he went underground, got a new identity, and -- I don't know the whole story.

Taylor: I -- I saw the explosion.

Frankie: He survived.

Taylor: This is sick.

Frankie: Taylor, Taylor, just -- just listen to me.

Taylor: Oh, you are such a liar, Frankie.

Frankie: Why would I lie to you? Why? You're my friend. My fellow soldier. Someone who I have the utmost respect and love for. Now, I know this is a shock. Believe me, I know exactly where you are to -- to have someone you love more than anything ripped out of your life, and then, suddenly, they're back, and you're like, "no, no, this doesn't happen," but it did, and it has. This is not a rumor. It's not a hunch. Hey. I saw him. I was with him. I spoke to him last night. There's no doubt about it. Sergeant Broughton Monroe is alive.

Taylor: You'll take me to him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brot: What are you doing here?

Jake: How are you, Brot? Jake Martin. But you know that already because you've seen me with Taylor.

Brot: Did Frankie tell you where I was?

Jake: You know, when my brother told me somebody was paying him for information about Taylor, I thought to myself, maybe -- maybe it was her father, or maybe it's one of her brothers or something, but never in a million years would I have thought it's her dead fiancé.

Brot: I felt obligated to check on her.

Jake: That's a funny thing to say, "obligated" to check on your own fiancée.

Brot: Engagement's long over. She's moved on. Congratulations, Jake.

Jake: And that's it?

Brot: So treat her right. She's one in a million.

Jake: Yeah. She is. And she thought the same thing about you, but you let her think that you were in a pine box, so you know what that means? That means you don't get to tell people how to treat her anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: You're dead. You're not dead. You show up. You don't want to stay. What kind of -- what kind of games are you playing?

Brot: I'm not playing any games. It's over now.

Jake: Well -- well, not for Taylor, it isn't. For Taylor, it's -- it's just beginning. Do you have any idea what she put herself through to try to get back to Iraq? She -- she wasn't ready, Brot. She wasn't ready mentally. She wasn't ready physically. She lied to all of her doctors. She lied to herself. All so she could get over to that hell hole and have herself blown up like her man. If she couldn't have you in this lifetime, she wanted you in the next. She couldn't let you go. She still can't let you go.

Brot: That's not how it looks.

Jake: Well, I -- I understand that. It probably doesn't -- doesn't look good, but she told me so many things about the two of you like, for example, your -- your last night together, your -- your last night when you were dancing and --

Brot: Stop.

Jake: And the music.

Ryan: Stop!

Jake: She talks about you all the time, Brot.

Brot: I said stop!

Jake: She tells me about the memories because she's still in love with you.

[Brot scoffs]

Jake: And that's it? You're going to walk away? Just like that? How can you hurt her like this? I mean, if you -- if you walk away, you're going to leave her with a lifetime of questions, you know? And give her -- give her a chance. Let her decide where to go from here.

Brot: I don't want her anymore. She's all yours.

Jake: Well, that's obviously not true, because you're here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Face me. What are you hiding from? Is it true what you said before? You don't want her? You don't love Taylor? Did you ever love her at all?

Brot: Damn right, I did. There were days Taylor was the only thing keeping me alive.

Jake: So tell her. Or you should leave.

Taylor: Brot!

No comments: