October 4, 2008

10/2 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again. Taken from Ricky's Official FanSite.

Amanda: Awkward.

Jake: This isn't, uh, well, no actually it is, it's exactly what it looks like.

Taylor: Nice outfit.

Amanda: Uh, the jacket, I know. I'm so sorry, I saw it in your stuff. I thought it would be fun to --

Taylor: You thought it would be fun to mock the military? And everything it stands for?

Amanda: No.

Taylor: Soldiers wear that while they fight. They're risking their lives. They're, they're dying to protect this country, to protect you, amanda.

Jake: Yeah, all right, all right, all right, come on, let's just take it easy, ok?

Amanda: I didn't mean to upset you.

Taylor: What do you care? What do you care about any of that nonsense? You're too busy playing. Always playing dress up on your fancy yacht.

Jake: Look, she didn't mean anything by it.

Taylor: That's a real uniform. Obviously, I've interrupted your moment. I'll let you get back to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amanda: I thought it would be cute, fun, sexy.

Jake: Well, but wait, wait, listen, look at me. It was, it was, it really was, it was all of those things. Oh, no.

Amanda: What, what does that mean?

Jake: God.

Amanda: What, you're freaking me out?

Jake: This is not taylor's jacket. This is monroe, her fiance, brot monroe.

Amanda: Oh, ok, hold up. Taylor's engaged?

Jake: Well, she was. The guy died last year.

Amanda: Oh, my god, I was using her dead fiance's uniform as foreplay. Can you imagine what she thought when she saw us like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: There's no way you could have known that.

Amanda: Still, I need to find taylor and apologize. Tell her she can use me for target practice, or something.

Jake: That's what I was going to say. Why don't you just take a deep breath and you stay here, ok? And I'll go look. I'll go look for her and talk to her.

Amanda: But I'm the one who messed up.

Jake: I understand that, but I'll tell her you're sorry, all right? I just don't want her to feel anymore uncomfortable than she already does. Make sense?

Amanda: Ok, I'll stay here in case she comes home.

Jake: Good.

Amanda: So much for our sexcellent celebration.

Jake: Sexcellent, nice.

Amanda: I just came up with that. You like?

Jake: Yes, very much, sexcellent. All right, so when I get back we'll pick up with um, with what you said, ok?

Amanda: Ok.

Jake: All right.

Amanda: In case you forget.

Jake: Yeah, that's a kiss you can't forget. I'll be back, don't worry.

Amanda: Ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Well, wow, look who's on my porch. Ahem. Would you jump over the railing?

Taylor: I like it out here. It's peaceful, it's quiet. It's not silent.

Jake: Yeah, well, you know, wait till the crickets and the bull frogs get going during mating season.

Taylor: Won't bother me. It's the silence I can't stand. That moment of absolute stillness before everything explodes. I'm sorry.

Jake: You're sorry?

Taylor: For freaking out on you guys.

Jake: I understand.

Taylor: I know you understand, but amanda doesn't, or she didn't, unless -- did you --

Jake: I did, but I hope, I mean -- I told her --

Taylor: No, it's fine. I totally get that you had to tell her because she didn't understand, and I feel bad because I like amanda, so would you just, when you go back and see her, would you just tell her I'm not mad or anything.

Jake: Oh, of course I will, and she'll be glad to hear that because she feels awful, and she didn't mean anything by wearing the, you know -- and she doesn't know about your fiance and she didn't know and trust me when I tell you, she feels awful.

Taylor: Everybody feels awful and nobody understands. Well, nobody except you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: You know why else I like it here? Because this is the only place that I ever told his story out loud. So it makes me feel close to him.

Jake: Well, it's a lot of story to hold.

Taylor: I think about him all the time. I can see him. All I have to do is close my eyes and --

Jake: Or maybe you see him when you look at his jacket with his name on it. I have to tell you, I didn't -- I never saw the name on the jacket. I, you know -- you'd already left by the time I saw the name on the jacket.

Taylor: I didn't think that you did. You know, I thought about it afterwards and I said, he would never do that.

Jake: I would never -- I would never do something like that.

Taylor: See, I shouldn't be here. I mean, not here. I should be in iraq with my unit. Not seeing some psychiatrist. It doesn't get -- or even our little pushup contests. I guess it's --

Jake: I would like a rematch sometime. You know, there -- there's a valid reason why they don't want you to go back yet, a valid medical reason.

Taylor: This isn't about post-traumatic stress. It's not. What I saw over there? No matter how awful it was, I can get past that. I know I can. But I can't seem to get past -- the reason that I'm here is --

Taylor: I miss him. I just miss him. A place that is so deep in me. I miss him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: What is it about you? Why do I feel that I can tell you anything?

Jake: I don't know, but I'm glad that you feel that way.

Taylor: When will I stop feeling this way? I wish -- I wish that there was something, anything that would make this go away.

No comments: