October 8, 2008

10/7 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again. Taken from RPG's Official FanSite.

Singer: Look at us so surprised; Count the blessings realized. And the cross you bear won't hold you down; 'Cause we never go where we can't be found.

Taylor: I shouldn't be here.

===================================================================

[Music plays]

Jake: Are you tired?

Taylor: Of?

Jake: It's just that every time that you open up, you close right back down. I'm tired just watching. I'm exhausted.

Taylor: Do you know what exhausts me? Having the same conversation over and over again. Why can't you just let this go?

Jake: I don't know. I just can't.

Taylor: Because you like the soft, vulnerable side of me?

Jake: No. Because I think you're special.

Taylor: It's not real, Jake.

Jake: What does that mean?

Taylor: It's not me. That's not who I am, not anymore. It's just I get -- I get sucked in by you, and I forget who I really am.

Jake: So, letting your guard down, you think that's going to make you disappear or something?

Taylor: I do disappear. That's the point. That woman you think you see, the one who cries and feels things, that's my ghost. Taylor died a year ago because when Brot died, she went with him.

Singer: I walked down to the shore. I'll recover from this I've recovered from so much more.

Tad: Did I miss something?

Krystal: Well, the two of them were dancing. Uh, it was real sweet. And then all of a sudden, Taylor just goes off on him and the two of them go at it, and you saw the rest.

Tad: Huh. No shortage of drama.

===================================================================

Bartender: There you go.

Jake: I really shouldn't.

Tad: Yeah, stop whining. Come here.

Jake: I want you to know. I am going to get claustrophobia.

Tad: So, wow.

Jake: Yeah.

Tad: Sounds like your friend Taylor hasn't exactly dealt with the loss of her fiance.

Jake: Every time she opens up, she heads right out the door.

Tad: You tell her about Carolyn?

Jake: Why would I do that?

Tad: Well, it is common ground -- hey -- it's a loss. It's not the same kind of loss, but it's a loss all the same.

Jake: She's not who she pretends to be, this one.

Tad: And how do you know she's pretending? Come to think of it, you've got a pretty marked interest in this particular soldier. Why is that?

Jake: I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm a doctor. I'm trying to help her.

Tad: Or a man.

Jake: Hmm.

Tad: What do you mean, "hmm"? You don't exactly talk about her like she's just another patient. Does, um, does she have family? I mean, parents?

Jake: Who, Taylor?

Tad: No, Britney.

[Jake chuckles]

Jake: Yeah, she's got parents, you know, unless she was --

Tad: Okay, you know what I'm talking about.

Jake: She's got two brothers, I think.

Tad: Are they close?

Jake: Uh, I -- it's a military family. I don't -- that's all I -- that's all I got.

Tad: Okay, well, they must be very proud of her.

Jake: Actually, from what I gathered, they don't approve.

Tad: Oh. And she's waiting for redeployment. It's kind of interesting, you know, that she would choose to do it in Pine Valley. Where did you say she was from again?

Jake: Uh, Army bases all up -- what's with the inquisition?

[Phone beeps]

Tad: It's not an inquisition. So snippy.

Jake: Uh, it's you. It's not me. It's Amanda.

Tad: Ah, there you go.

Jake: I got go.

Tad: There's a woman who knows how to ask for help.

Jake: Why do you think I enjoy hanging out with her?

Tad: I don't know. Maybe it's the doctor in you.

Jake: Maybe it's the man in me. Hmm. You're buying my beer.

No comments: