October 1, 2008

9/29 Transcript

Credit goes to TV Megasite. Taken from both The Beth Ehlers Board and RPG's Official FanSite.

Taylor: What are we doing?

[Frankie sighs]

Taylor: Oh, you are the best.

Frankie: Mm-hmm. It's a mild sedative. It'll help you relax when --

Taylor: When I see the shrink? I mean doctor.

Frankie: Mm-hmm.

Taylor: Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Frankie: Yeah, you can get it filled downstairs before your appointment, and I'm really glad you decided to talk to someone.

Taylor: Me, too.

Frankie: Hey, the doctor needs to know about these meds, Taylor. You're going to tell her, right?

Taylor: Yeah, of course. I owe you one.

Frankie: Yeah, put it on my tab.

[Taylor chuckles]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Anna, can you throw this away for me? Thanks. What's up? Why aren't you having your appointment with the therapist?

Taylor: Oh, because I -- I spoke to the secretary/assistant and she said, uh, the doctor's running behind. Is it a full moon? Maybe all the crazies are out.

Jake: I don't think you're crazy.

Taylor: Well, don't be so sure.

[Frankie hums]

Amanda: Please tell me your shift is over.

Jake: Yes, my shift is over.

Amanda: Good, because we have to celebrate.

Jake: What are we celebrating?

Amanda: Bella. The buzz is huge.

Jake: Oh, that, yeah.

Amanda: We're going to grab some drinks. You want to come?

Taylor: Oh, thanks. I -- I can't, I have a doctor's appointment.

Amanda: Oh. Are you sick?

Taylor: Oh, nothing serious. No big deal.

Amanda: If you get to feeling better, we'll be at The Comeback, ok?

Jake: You know where that is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woman: Ms. Thompson.

Taylor: Yes?

Woman: The doctor can see you now.

Taylor: Ok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Sure, I've heard of that. Yeah, you -- you, uh, you see something or you hear something, and you're right back in Iraq. Yeah, you relive a -- what did you say? -- a past traumatic experience? Yeah, well, you know, war's ugly. That's the reality. Some people can't handle it. I can. Well, sure, I mean I -- I like having a few beers as much as the next guy, but I'm staying in shape for my tour. So, for me, purely non-alcoholic. Got to keep a clear head. Sure, I get annoyed sometimes. Who doesn't? But outbursts? No, ma'am. What was the other -- oh, I got it. Um, have I ever experienced a heightened sense of anxiety? Do I seem anxious to you?

[Taylor chuckles]

Taylor: Am I angry now? Being in the Army, it's a job. I get that. But it's an important one like a doctor. Your patients count on you, my unit counts on me. They're my family. I just want the chance to serve alongside them. You know, do my duty, get home, job well done. Scared? Hell, no. I am ready, willing, and able, whatever comes my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: This was good.

Therapist: I'm glad you found it helpful.

Taylor: So, we're all set, then? I just get you the papers, you sign them, and I'm cleared for redeployment?

Therapist: I have you down for several more sessions.

Taylor: What for? I mean, you know, everything's good. I'm fine.

[The therapist chuckles]

Therapist: Until next time.

Taylor: Protocol. I get it. We have to show them that you gave me the full once-over. It's cool. Thanks, Doc. I'll see you next time.

Frankie: At ease, soldier.

Taylor: Hey.

Frankie: Hey. How'd it go?

Taylor: Well, I'll tell you this. I'll be seeing you in Iraq, my friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amanda: You haven't said two words since you left the hospital. Can you please try and relax and have a good time?

Jake: Yes. I can do that. Sorry.

Amanda: Great.

Jake: What?

Amanda: That kiss, it was like you're bored. That's it, right? You're sick of me.

Jake: Yeah, I'm bored. I am bored. I'm so sick of you. What are you --

Amanda: Well, some guys lose interest fast regardless of the woman.

[Jake sighs]

Jake: From what I understand, you told me that you were a tomboy when you were little. Hard to believe, but ok. You're adorable in a jogging outfit. You're not afraid to take a dare because you're a very, very sexy pirate. And that's what I know so far. And I like what I know. And I like you a lot. And I'd like to get to know -- I'd like to get to know more.

Amanda: Ok. That was really sweet and great. Oh, but I've made a lot of mistakes with guys. Got too attached, got the wrong idea, got my heart stomped on. I don't want to do that again.

Jake: Ok. So, what -- what do you want to do? What would you like to have? What would you like to see happen?

Amanda: To be realistic, you and me, we have fun, no expectations, no commitments.

Jake: Right, but no disappointments.

Amanda: I used to try and force things before, you know, and try and map out every single detail of my future, and it doesn't work. You can't plan what happens, so you may as well sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Jake: Well, what if I were to tell you that that is the most refreshing perspective I've heard in a very, very long time.

[Amanda chuckles]

Taylor: Hi, kids. Next round's on me. The guy says, "You put the fox in foxhole."

[Amanda laughs]

Amanda: Oh, no, he didn't.

Taylor: And then he got like this. Look at that.

Amanda: Ew, it's so cheesy.

Taylor: Gross. You would never do that, dude. You would never do that to a girl, would you?

Jake: No.

[Amanda laughs]

Jake: Who? Ahem.

Taylor: So serious.

Amanda: I know. I've been trying to get him to chill out.

Jake: Fine.

Taylor: Well, I have something that might cheer him up. Let me try. Hey, Jake, my session went well.

Amanda: Session? You went to see a therapist?

Taylor: Yeah, it's -- it's an Army thing. They want to make sure they're not sending back damaged goods.

Jake: How was Mr. Shrink? What'd you think?

Taylor: She --

Jake: Oh.

Taylor: Uh, was fine. She's fine.

Amanda: Oh, well, you're lucky. My mom's seen a zillion therapists. Half of them didn't know what they were talking about. The other half ended up needing therapy themselves.

[Taylor laughs]

Taylor: Sorry. I was nervous, actually, you know, because I've never, um -- I've never talked to somebody so openly like that before, you know? But it felt really good to just, you know -- just lay it all out there.

Jake: Is that right?

Amanda: Open and honest, totally the way to go. I'm going to run to the ladies' room.

Jake: All right, babe.

Are you on drugs?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Jake, I'm happy. I'm relieved. I finally got to talk to somebody about what I went through over there.

Jake: Hmm.

Taylor: You know, you're the one who sat there and told me that I should get some help. And when I do, you call me a liar and a drug addict. Nice. That's very supporting.

Jake: I think -- I think it's Frankie who's been a little too supportive. What are you on? Diazepam or --

Taylor: I was really hoping to hear, you know, "Way to go. I know this must have been really tough for you, and I'm so glad you're feeling better about the whole thing."

Jake: You're only feeling better, because you think you pulled the wool over on the doctor's eyes acting all mellow and whatnot when it's only a matter of time before she sees through you and -- well.

Taylor: Jake, I'm not trying to fool anybody, and I don't understand why you can never just accept me for who I am.

Jake: Well, who is that exactly? Because every time I -- you know, every time we meet up, it's somebody different.

Taylor: Right. Well, I guess it must be easier with somebody like Amanda. She has only one face.

Jake: At least it's a face I can believe.

Jake: Hey, we got to go. All right?

Amanda: Ok. See you.

Taylor: See you.

No comments: