November 11, 2008

11/10 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Jake: Is everything ok?

Taylor: It's ok.

Jake: Just ok?

Taylor: More than ok. Hmm. For a second there, i forgot about these. Hmm. And I forgot about that thing.

Jake: Mm-hmm.

Taylor: And the accident. And it was just you and me.

Jake: What's wrong? What is it?

Taylor: I just can't make me forget what happened over there. Memories like that, they grab hold when you least expect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: In case you hadn't noticed, I have a little trouble relinquishing control.

Jake: Oh, no, I never noticed that.

Taylor: So, when these memories hit, I, um, I just wish I was a little more prepared instead of being ambushed without warning.

Jake: Yeah, whole different kind of war, isn't it, when your mind turns against you? What, what, just because my wife ran off with mr. Unibrow-truck-driver-guy, you don't think I think about it all the time?

Taylor: Do you think about it when you're with me? Because that's when mine hit, when I'm happy, when I'm laughing for just a second, when I'm with you. It's like as soon as I forget, for just a second, I have to get a warning or, I don't know, maybe it's -- maybe it's punishment from god.

Jake: It's punishment for what? For trying to move on? Trying to push forward? Trying to find happiness? Then what else are we supposed to do?

Taylor: I know. This is quite a challenge for me. At least now I can't run away.

[Knock on door]

Jake: Just excuse me for one sec.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: I'm sorry, what's up?

Tad: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I hope I wasn't interrupting.

Jake: Well, you were but what's up?

Tad: Well, how's she doing?

Jake: She's good. She's good. She's pig-headed, ornery, stubborn, don't know how I ever lived without her. What's up -- talk to me, what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: I need to talk to this guy just for one second. Uh, Eric? Eric, sorry, yes, uh, Lieutenant Thompson, she's ready to stop throwing things now and then she's ready for you, so you, you know, some physical therapy anytime that you say so.

Eric: Right now I have an appointment with another patient. I'll swing through when I'm done. You'll still be here?

Tad: He'll be here.

Jake: Another appointment? He's been doing, uh -- just want to make sure about one thing, you're not -- you're not making fun of me, right?

Tad: No, when's the last time you were outside this hospital? When's the last time you were off this corridor?

Jake: I'm -- I'm -- I'm helping her.

Tad: You're sure it's not the other way around?

Jake: We had a --

Tad: Don't give me the cheesy stare with the super combo, ok? The last time I saw the two of you together, it was like a bus accident.

Jake: It's what they call a breakthrough.

Tad: Well, I'm glad to hear it.

Jake: Mm-hmm.

Tad: I'm serious. I'm glad to hear it.

Jake: What happened with the guy that was calling and wanted to know some stuff about her?

Tad: I don't know.

Jake: You hear back from him?

Tad: I -- no, I don't know what happened with that.

Jake: Probably for the best.

Tad: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. So, not to put too fine a point on it, things with the lieutenant -- it's all good?

Jake: I said they're good, they're fine, they're good. I look in her eyes and I, you know, I see hope there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: All right.

Taylor: So, what do we do now?

Jake: Well, it's time for what they call in the business physical therapy.

Taylor: Oh, jake, I don't -- I don't think that I can --

Jake: No, no, no. Look, you want to walk again, this is something you're going to have to do. Ok? Ready? Good. Very good. We'll start with the left -- left foot.

Taylor: You know I can't feel that.

Jake: I know.

Jake: Ok. You ok? Yeah? Very good. Good. All right. Now I'm going -- on the count of three, I'm going -- I want to put you on your right side, ok?

Taylor: Great. Roll me over like a beached whale?

Jake: You're a lot cuter than a beached whale and easily 10 to 15 pounds lighter. You ready? One, two, three. Ok, very good.

Taylor: What are you doing now?

Jake: Just more of the same.

Taylor: Good to know.

Jake: You're going to get through this, ok? You're going to get through this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Ok? There.

Taylor: Thank you.

Jake: You have to do your physical therapy.

[Taylor chuckles]

Taylor: I meant for just sitting here with me and always challenging me and putting up with me, really.

Jake: It's not a chore at all.

Taylor: I think you must be some kind of saint
Jake: Yeah, St. Martin.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: Well, whenever you're ready.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: I just want you to know that I never put myself any place I don't want to be. I want to be right here with you, and I meant what I said. You know? I meant it just as long as you don't go giving up.

Taylor: I can't wait to kick your butt again.

Jake: Is that right?

Taylor: Mm-hmm.

Jake: Well, what part of -- or what activity, exactly?

Taylor: At everything.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: Your -- your foot moved.

Taylor: What?

Jake: Can you feel that?

Taylor: Yes. Yeah, I can feel that.

No comments: