November 14, 2008

11/13 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Jake: Hey. How long has she been at it?

Therapist: I got paged at dawn.

Jake: Why don't you take a little break and eat something?

Taylor: Hey, put that back.

Jake: I just was going to give it to you to refuel.

Taylor: Put it back. I will get up, and I will get it when I can get out of the bed by myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: How is she really doing?

Taylor: You can ask me. Don't bother him. I'm sitting right here. Look, watch. Let me do this myself. Watch this. Huh? Paralysis my ass, huh?

Jake: You're like a little kid at the swimming pool. "Look at me, look at me." It's very impressive. I'm just -- I'm just saying that I -- you should maybe, she should maybe take a little --

Taylor: Come over to this side. You come here. All right, I don't care if I have to go around looking like a drunken sailor. I want to go for a walk around the corridor. Come here.

Jake: I'm just thinking you're pushing it a little too hard, you know?

Taylor: Help or leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Frankie.

Jake: Hold this up.

Taylor: Help. I need you to step in. First Eric had to leave and now Oliver has to. Thank you. I'm going to let the grunt take over for five minutes.

Jake: We created a monster, that's all I'm telling you.

Taylor: Ok, I need to rest a minute, and then you boys are walking me all the way to Philadelphia and back. I have a hankerin' for a cheese steak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hub, I do have some feeling back in that part of my body. Watch your hands!

Frankie: I'm just checking.

Jake: Paging Dr. Octopus. Paging Dr. Octopus. Are you ready?

Frankie: All right.

Jake: Five, six, seven, eight --

Frankie: My grip, my grip, please. Please, we don't want to drop her.

Jake: All right, on one.

Taylor: You guys are going to do the work, right?

Jake: On one, what?

Taylor: That was good.

Jake: And two. I'm good, and one. And two. Bet you didn't know I could count that high. One.

Taylor: You needed some help -- a little.

Jake: And two. That's the spirit. That's good.

Taylor: Ow.

Jake: We're having a rest. That's good, my back is going out.

Taylor: Going down, going down, going down, going down!

Jake: You all right?

[Taylor laughs]

Jake: Oh, my.

Frankie: Look at you. Trying to throw yourself into next week or what?

Taylor: Please. Even in basic training, you couldn't keep up with me.

Frankie: Ah, whatever.

Jake: Elevate her up.

Frankie: And up we go.

Taylor: Hi.

Jake: Oh.

[Imitating Cary grant] Well, hello.

Taylor: Hi.

Jake: Pleased to meet you.

[Normal voice] You can leave now.

Frankie: I'm sorry.

Jake: I'm only kidding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: I'll be back.

[Frankie sighs]

Taylor: Ok, he's gone. We're finally alone. You can talk to me. It's just you and me. What's bugging you?

Frankie: Ghosts.

Taylor: Anyone in particular?

Frankie: How's your head these days?

Taylor: About?

Frankie: Brot.

Taylor: I'd say better than it was. Is that who you've been thinking about?

Frankie: I've been thinking about them all, Taylor.

Taylor: I'm beginning to see some light. I mean, it's a pinpoint -- it's just a pinpoint. But Jake -- Jake figured out something about me. I wanted to go back to the desert not to fight...but to die. And then this happened, and, um, not only could I not go back there, I couldn't go anywhere. It's like having to go on living but not really wanting to.

Frankie: What pulled you out?

Taylor: Well, I did. But with a lot of help from Jake. And I realized I have a right to a life even if Brot lost his. I loved him. I will always love him. But I know that. He knew that. Brot is gone, but I'm still here. And I'm getting to a place where I think I can live with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankie: I'm proud of you, L.T. I am. And Brot, he would be, too.

Taylor: Thank you, Hub.

Jake: Hey, look what I got you. A long distance runner and energy bar.

Taylor: Running. Didn't I see a sign out there -- a marathon that they run here in town?

Frankie: Yeah, yeah, the hospital sponsors one every spring.

Taylor: Spring, that's perfect. That's perfect. I can sign up for that.

Jake: Are you serious?

Taylor: I am dead serious. I'll tell you something. You're going to run it with me, and I'm going to bet you money, Martin. Not only -- not only am I going to run that marathon, I'm going to win it. Huh? Well, that is if the army's not begging to have me back by then.

No comments: