November 15, 2008

11/14 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Jake: So you think you're going to be running a marathon?

Taylor: Oh, no no no no no. I'm not running a marathon. I'm winning a marathon.

[Jake sighs]

Jake: You -- you just got the feeling back in the legs. You know, it's going to be a while before you can do any kind of running or --

Taylor: Jake?

Jake: Or jumping.

Taylor: I'll be on that start line. Will you?

Jake: I'll sign that thing right now.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: Think I'm kidding?

[They hear Pete say "I love you" to Colby over the intercom]

Jake: What? I didn't say it. I didn't say that. You know I didn't say that, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: I have a friend, she runs the Marine Corps marathon every year. I'll ask her about the training regimen.

Jake: Did the therapist explain to you that there are stages of rehabilitation when it comes to a spinal injury?

Taylor: Of course.

Jake: So you know it takes time, you know you can't rush it?

Taylor: I'll just work twice as hard.

Jake: You need to have patience.

Taylor: Jake, when my C.O. tells me to do something, I just do it. I don't ask questions. I am the C.O. of this body.

Jake: Hmm.

Taylor: And I am telling you that it's going to run a marathon -- Eric, you're killing me! We have to step it up a little here, come on. We should be working out around the clock every day all day.

Jake: Why don't you let the therapist do some, like, therapy stuff? That's what he does -- he's a therapist.

Taylor: Why don't you help me or get out?

Jake: Hmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Therapist: Nice job.

Taylor: What?

Therapist: We'll pick it up again tomorrow.

Taylor: No, no, no, we're just getting started.

Therapist: I'll see you in the morning.

[Taylor sighs]

Taylor: Jake, I'm so glad you're here. How about one set?

Jake: You know, I just found out about this new kind of therapy they got going.

Taylor: Really? What is it?

Jake: Well, I'd have to show it to you. It's a -- involves a different kind of equipment, special equipment.

Taylor: Where, where, where, where? Where is it?

Jake: No, it's down the -- it's across the -- you know, when you're ready -- not right now. When you're ready, I'll put you in the chair and I'll wheel you over there.

Taylor: When I'm ready? Why don't you put me in the chair now and I'll wheel myself over?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Hey.

Colby: Hey -- whoa!

Jake: What, are you rushing off to somewhere?

Colby: Oh, no, I'm just putting it back -- you know, exciting volunteer stuff. How about you guys?

Taylor: Oh, he's taking me to the special physical therapy room.

Jake: Not special --

Taylor: Secret.

Jake: Not secret.

Taylor: Secret -- then why won't you even tell me what's in it?

Jake: She gets so cranky if she's not in perpetual motion. Excuse us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Well, look what we have here. We got protein. We got carbs. We have everything that the body needs to power the legs, because, uh, athletes need to eat.

Taylor: By candlelight?

Jake: Ah, I'm a romantic. Sue me.

Jake: That's nice.

Taylor: What's nice?

Jake: That smile. I haven't seen that in a while.

Taylor: Yeah, I guess I have been kind of hard on myself lately.

Jake: Kind of? Actually, the meal? This here? That's not the therapy.

[Music plays]

Jake: Dance with me. Don't say you can't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Jake and Taylor dancing]

Lyrics to "Tomorrow May Be Never"

Are we both afraid are we both too scared to say it
Frightened of what we might find
I see it in your eyes but I don't want to be mistaken
Tell me it's not all in my mind
Here I am can't wait another day
I've got something I have to say

Hold me now
Tomorrow may be never
Let me show you how to love again
Hold me now
I'm talking about forever
Let this moment never end
Somehow hold me now

Standing arms wide open baby
I'm just hoping somehow
Hold me now hold me now won't you
Talking about forever
Let this moment never end
Hold me now

No comments: