November 10, 2008

11/7 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Taylor: You broke up with Amanda because of me? Wow, that was pretty stupid.

Jake: Not from where I'm sitting.

Taylor: Do you think you're fooling me? You didn't break up with Amanda to get me. You're just saying that because you're trying to get me to walk. Well, for your information, I'd rather do 24/7 latrine duty than get involved with somebody like you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: I broke up with Amanda. Well, I broke up with Amanda for a lot of reasons. But one of them was you. I -- I didn't think it was fair to her anymore, and I didn't think it was fair to myself, you know, if you don't really see a future there.

Taylor: I don't believe you. I don't. I wish you'd stop messing with my head like you do all the time.

Jake: Yeah, there's a lot of things I would like to say to you, if it's ok with you. I would like to tell you how I have been feeling, how I've been feeling about you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Oh, I know how you feel about me, Martin. You feel pity. And you also feel a truckload of guilt, because you think you had something to do with me getting knocked down those stairs.

Jake: No, I feel terrible. I saw you at the bottom of the staircase. I feel terrible, but I don't pity you. No, I don't pity you. I do, however, notice that you are using this whole situation to check out, just to give up, and I feel you've been doing that ever since you lost your fiancé. I also feel you want to go back to Iraq to -- not to fight the fight, but to -- to figure out a way to get yourself killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Where the hell do you get off? You don't know how I feel! You don't have any idea how I feel. I do not have some sort of death wish. I -- I just want revenge. I just want revenge. I just want to kill the bastards who took away the love of my life.

Jake: Let me ask you, is this what the rest of your life is going to be about? It's going to be about your dead fiancé? He's dead. I'm sorry. That's unfortunate. On the other hand, you are very much alive.

Taylor: I'm not. I'm not alive. This is not alive. I'm -- I'm useless! This is useless. These are --

Jake: Taylor, we have all been hurt. We've all felt like we hit rock bottom, right? We've all felt like there's no way out. We've all felt like we're never going to love again. I've felt that way. I -- I lost the person that I loved more than anybody in this life, in this world.

Taylor: Really? Did she get blown up by an IED?

Jake: No, no, she just left me. She just left me. We were working in the Sudan, and one day, I'm trying to put together this poor shmoe's chest cavity, and she took off with the delivery guy, the guy that delivers the supplies to our camp. Now, this, this was the person that I loved more than anybody in the world, and she said she loved me just as much, but she left the mighty surgeon for a delivery guy. Now, I know that that kind of humiliation and that kind of hurt -- it does not compare. It is not as traumatic an experience as grieving somebody who has died, although there were many, many days that I pretended that she's just dead, because it's some sort of coping device, I suppose, even though I -- I know that she's out there someplace. I'm just saying that I know what it feels like to be alone and to be angry, hopeless.

Taylor: I'm sorry. I'm sorry you got hurt like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Sorry for talking about my past. That was messed up. Whatever I -- I have dealt with, it's nothing compared to what you're dealing with now.

Taylor: It is. That last night, that very last night that Brot and I were together, it was perfect. We, uh, we got a little hotel room, and Brot had a -- a mini CD player. So we danced. We danced all night. And then, we made love. And then we danced some more. I can still feel his hand on the small of my back. And I can feel his lips on my lips. And I can hear him whispering in my ear. It was perfect, that last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: Tell me more about you and your wife. I know that she left you, but what about before that?

Jake: No. We, uh, we went to Africa together. We wanted to work together. We joined the ever-helpful Doctors Without Borders together. And then she transferred to sluts without borders or, uh, truck drivers without pants, whatever it's called.

[Taylor chuckles]

Taylor: Very mature, Martin.

Jake: Thank you. He was gruesome. He was not -- not a pretty guy.

Taylor: He wasn't a hot truck driver?

Jake: No, no, he was a gorilla, and he had a piece of hair that went across all the way from one side of his head to the other.

Taylor: He did not have a unibrow.

Jake: That's exactly what he had. You've seen the caveman commercials. Yes, that's what we're dealing with here.

[Phone rings]

Taylor: Hello? Hello? Who is there? Hello, is anybody there? Nobody there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: I, uh, I meant what I said earlier about breaking up with Amanda. A lot -- a lot of it had to do with you.

Taylor: Jake Martin, why do you have to start getting all sappy now? I mean, you know, we're becoming friends. We're --

[KISS]

No comments: