November 30, 2008

11/25 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Taylor: Jake, is your friend going to be all right?

Jake: Aidan's going to be fine, thank god. My career, on the other hand, is another story.

Taylor: Why, what happened?

Jake: Well, the board doesn't know if I'm fit to perform surgery by my lonesome.

Taylor: Why not?

Jake: I don't know. Ask him.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Jake: Hayward went to the board and told them I'm a liability so he could scrub in and play hero. Forget about the fact that i flew down to pine key, kept Aidan alive, and insisted that he has the surgery up here in the first place. No, cardiologists or not -- he is the last person that aidan wants rooting around in his heart. Trust me. Trust me. Then again, hayward always gets his way, doesn't he?

David: Nice work, martin. I would say I couldn't have done it without you, but we both know that's not the case.

Taylor: Who the hell do you think you are?

<><><><><><><><><><>

David: I'm sorry. Have we met?

Taylor: Well, I've heard all about you.

David: Really? Well, I'm sure not without a healthy dose of martin spin. Should I be flattered that you spend so much time obsessing over me?

Taylor: Oh, I think you're the one who's obsessing. Out to get revenge because of what happened to your daughter?

David: You know nothing about my daughter or what she meant to me.

Taylor: Dr. Hayward, you are not the only person in the world to lose someone, and at some point, we all have to make the decision to move on and let go of the anger. With Jake's help, I learned that, and I'm not --

Jake: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it. I can fight my own battles.

David: That's great. No, no, no, why stop now? Hey, I mean, this is the best part, isn't it? The part where you went to africa to heal the sick, feed the poor, walk on water -- all the while, losing your wife?

Jake: Do you -- do you actually think you can walk into this town and play god and mess with everybody's head, screw with this hospital again, turn everybody against each other? Because you can't.

David: Hmm.

Jake: I won't let you.

David: Let me?

[David chuckles]

David: Well, I think the board has already determined the scope of your authority, doctor.

Jake: Do you want a fight, Dave? Is that -- is that what you're looking for? Because you know where to find me.

David: Yes, I do. And on that note -- pleasure. I have my own patients to attend to.

Taylor: I am sorry. I know I have a big mouth, but that guy is a jerk!

Jake: You do realize that you just admitted to wanting to move on?

Taylor: In the midst of all that, you heard me say that?

[Jake laughs]

Taylor: Yes, I did say that. It's time. I've been stuck in the past. I'll tell you something, if i don't start focusing on my future, I'm never getting out of here.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Jake: There we go.

Taylor: Thank you.

Jake: Whoo! Just kidding. All righty, so, uh, question. This, uh, future that you talk about having, where is it -- where is it going to take place exactly?

Taylor: Not in this hospital bed, that's for sure.

Jake: Pine valley?

Taylor: Well, if I got cleared for service tomorrow, I would go. Absolutely, I would go. I would fight, do my part, make sure the rest of the men and women in my unit get home safely. But am I desperate to go? Not anymore.

Jake: Well, I'm glad to hear that.

Taylor: You were right, what you were saying. I wasn't -- I wasn't desperate to get back there and GHT. I was just -- I was just hoping to die. That's why I think going back would have been me searching for one last moment with Brot, you know? Just hoping to feel close to him again -- uh, anyway.

Jake: You loved him. It's very understandable. You -- you loved him. He was a hero.

Taylor: So are you. You never stopped fighting for me. Jake, I wonder sometimes if Brot would have done the same thing -- not to say that he -- he didn't love me, but it's a lot, seeing the woman you love injured, having to be the one who gives them the strength to go on. Would it all have been too much for him? He was a warrior. You know? Could he ever really love a woman like that?

<><><><><><><><><><>

Jake: This chair right here -- this is not you. You haven't been in it long. You're not going to be in it long. And whether you are running or walking or swimming or whatever, playing volleyball, you're the same woman -- the same woman.

Taylor: Yeah. To you, Jake.

Jake: Well, I didn't know Brot and I never got to see life through his eyes, but we had one thing in common -- you.

[Taylor chuckles]

Jake: And I think he would have stood by your side. You have a very strong personality. I can't see anybody just -- I can't imagine anybody walking away.

Taylor: It's so funny to me how different you both are. You're both so wonderful, you know, and strong in different ways. I -- I think I must be a very lucky woman.

[Jake chuckles]

Jake: Well, you are. And -- and I -- I feel the same. I feel like I'm a lucky guy.

No comments: