November 18, 2008

11/17 Transcript

Credit goes to TV MegaSite again.

Taylor: Move, uh.

Jake: All right? You can do it.

Taylor: First I'm pushing myself too hard and now I'm not pushing hard enough?

Jake: If you could just pick up the pace because I'm really hungry. So, if you could just stop talking and focus, thanks.

Taylor: Well, I'd be able to focus if you'd stop barking orders at me.

Jake: Yeah, if the only thing you can respond to is army stuff, then I am the C.O. Of you, ok? I'm the commanding officer of you now.

Taylor: Hmm.

Jake: Hmm? What?

Taylor: I'm just trying to picture you in A.C.U.S and a beret.

Jake: I look damn good in a beret, I got news for you.

Taylor: Well, that's debatable. Ow, and anyway, it takes more than that to be a C.O. You have to command the respect of your soldiers.

Jake: Oh, really? Did I give you permission to speak? Sit up straight, shoulders back, and wipe that shmirk off your face. Now, soldier, when I tell you to move these feet, I want you to move it, move it, move it. Move it.

Taylor: Oh. Here, huh?

Jake: Pay attention, folks, history's being made here. Taylor Thompson, the dark horse in the race, had the legs that just won't quit. That's right. Thompson was a favorite with the crowd the whole time and she had given up all hope, but thanks to the brilliant and talented Dr. Jake martin, she will walk again. Dr. Martin -- thank you, heh, thank you, very much. Yes, it all started when I was about 5 years old. I was playing an innocent game of doctor with a girl named Connie Hansen --

Taylor: Ah! Ok, if you can stop playing to the crowd for a second, I'd like to thank you, personally.

Jake: Really? How personally?

Taylor: Jake. You're incredible.

Jake: Well, you're not so bad yourself.

Frankie: Ahem. Would the patient care for a second opinion on that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankie: I am proud of you, L.T., Keeping at it, like you are. Give me some love, give me some love. But see, I don't know how you're putting up with this one right here, because if he locked himself in my room for a week? Whew. Rumble in the bronx, baby, I'm trying to tell you.

Taylor: I tell you, I've been tempted to take him out.

[Frankie chuckles]

Frankie: All right.

Taylor: Come visit.

Frankie: Yeah.

Jake: If you get rid of me, I'll make sure you eat hospital hash and strained peas for the rest of your days, hmm?

Taylor: No, I'm spoiled now. After my last meal, I can't do that.

Jake: Ooh, I forgot one critical thing -- dessert.

[Jake snaps fingers]

Jake: Mm-hmm. Ahem.

Taylor: What is this?

Jake: Pierre, hit it.

Pierre: Allo. Eclair, napoleon, creme de maron, crepes. Bon apetit.

Taylor: Thank you. I have no idea what he just said but it looks amazing.

Jake: Here.

Taylor: I can't believe you did this for me.

Jake: Here's to, uh -- here's to walking again.

Taylor: To walking.

[Forks clink]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: If I had known that it would only take edible food to get you motivated, I'd have called Pierre in on day one because I know how you love guys in berets. I would have done that. I'd have called him in and you'd have been motivated.

Taylor: You're not the only person who is suffering through those telenovela marathons.

Jake: No, no, no, no, don't make fun of my spanish stars. You're no damn skippy. You wanted to know if Richard ever told Marcel that he was sleeping with his sister.

Taylor: Sister? I though Inez was his cousin.

Jake: So did he! That's the point.

Taylor: Whoo!

Jake: God, forget the whole thing.

Taylor: Jake. Don't you have other patients?

Jake: Yes, I have a lot of patients and I'm losing them, getting thin with you. A lot of patients but I have interns, luckily, that are willing to step up and play doctor.

Taylor: So, you're pushing off all your work on the interns so you can sit in here watching telenovelas with me?

Jake: Excuse me, it's called delegating.

Taylor: It's called a big fat scam.

Jake: I don't think so. Weren't you hired over there to tell other soldiers what to do? You'd give them commands, they just, you know, act them out for you. I don't think it's any different.

Taylor: Yeah, but I wasn't eating gourmet food while my platoon was choking down MRES.

Jake: MRES -- I love it when you talk dirty army talk.

Taylor: Shut up.

Jake: No, I do, choking down MRES, wearing ACUS. Where's my C.O.? Where is he? Makes me want to stand up and salute.

[Taylor laughs]

Taylor: Soldier!

Jake: Yes?

Taylor: That elbow higher. Those fingers together. What are you doing, soldier!

Jake: I don't know, I don't know but that voice, that voice, the winner that hired you in Iraq, that'd make any insurgents run for the border. Any -- hey --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake: Housekeeping!

Taylor: Thank you for tonight. It was a lot of fun.

Jake: Oh, well, you're fun to be with.

Taylor: Not always. After I fell, I -- I kind of went into this dark, ugly place and I took it out on everybody around me, especially you, and I'm sorry. I know you're just trying to help me and I just kept throwing you out and giving it.

Jake: Well, you're not a quitter. I knew that when I saw you jogging through the woods favoring that good hoof of yours, and I don't know. At the moment, I thought I actually had you all figured out. You're this tough army chick who wanted to get back to Iraq, but I was -- I was wrong. You actually have this very beautiful, vulnerable side to you that very few people get to see and I'm lucky enough to be one of those people.

Taylor: Wow. Think I could actually fall in love with you.

No comments: